The readers at this year's Community Carol Service have been announced.
This is always one of the most well attended services in the year, indeed for some people it is the only time they come to church to combine the magic of Christmas and the fortunate position we are in, to live in such a very special community.
It has been a recent tradition that the readers at this service are leaders from our Chieveley community - from schools, businesses and public services. You may be surprised at this year's readers, some of whom may be more familiar to you than you had expected!
- Chris Armitage, Chair Friends of Chieveley Church
- Sophia Frost, Deputy Head Girl Chieveley Primary School
- Cynthia Jordan, President Chieveley Women's Institute
- Edward Pool, Head Boy Chieveley Primary School
- Lisa Harrop, Editor East Downland Benefice Magazine
- Sarah Dunnett, Cub Leader 3rd Chieveley Scout Group
At this Community Carols the church is bathed in candlelight and you will be met by the smell of mulled wine which is served with mince pies at the end.
So why not put Sunday 22nd December 6pm at Chieveley church in the diary and come along on the night and soak up the special atmosphere.