Who we are
We are the Chieveley Short Mat Bowling Club, formed in April 1999. The club currently has some 30 Members drawn from Chieveley and neighbouring villages (from Thatcham & Kintbury in the south, to Lambourn, Compton & Wantage in the north).
Who can join
Membership is open to any person, young or old. If you would like to join this friendly and growing club please contact our Secretary, or just come along to a club meeting.
Where and when we meet
We meet in Chieveley Village Hall on each Monday afternoon (2.15pm - 5pm), and each Thursday evening (7.15pm - 9pm).
Tea/coffee and biscuits (cakes perhaps if a member's birthday!) are available at a mid-time break.
New to short mat bowls?
- We can provide tuition if required to prospective new members, on Monday afternoons before normal play commences
- The club has sets of bowls that anyone can use, so no need to buy your own
- The only essential requirement for anyone wishing to play is use of flat-soled shoes.
- We hold some events on Sundays (e.g. club singles & pairs competitions, friendlies with other clubs)
- We hold a triples event on Mondays (all day) in February
- We hold an evening Christmas dinner/party, and a Presentation dinner in the Spring
Leagues and Competitions
- We enter a team in the Oxon. Winter league (South & Vale Div. 1) and the Oxon summer league, and a KO cup (formerly a Wantage & District Assoc. competition)
- Members also enter various National, Regional and Oxfordshire County events
For more information see our brochure.