What is Happening in the Grounds at the Rec?
Quite a lot in fact!
Many of you will already know about the hugely popular weekly SATURDAY MORNING MARKET starting at 9:30AM. The food sells like hot cakes!
Thank you to all those people who have put clean dry clothes, paired shoes, handbags and belts into the green bin at the CLOTHES BANK in the car park. This generates more money for the hall every year currently contributing £1500 a year to funds. This has been so successful that a separate SHOE BANK BIN will be located alongside shortly.
Thank you also to the Donors of the four smart RECYCLED PLASTIC PICNIC BENCHES AND SEATS. Special thanks to Paul Gilpin, builder telephone 07753 439622, who lives in Chieveley and is to install them in April. We still have space for a few more seats and benches. If you would like to discuss what is involved please let me know, see details below.
In the interests of safety, we will be closing the PLAYGROUND during adult cricket matches at the Rec. These dates can be found on the news section of mychieveley website. The first is May 2nd.
You will see activity on the grass area to the right of the ramp into the car-park. This matting preserves the grass area while providing a 15 space ALL-WEATHER OVERFLOW CAR PARK. This cost-effective option has been made possible from funding by Chieveley Parish Council, West Berkshire District Council through Chieveley Councillor Hilary Cole and the funds of Chieveley Recreation Centre.
Hopefully as Covid restrictions ease more people can benefit from Chieveley Rec, a wonderful facility on our doorstep. We are delighted to see it used so well so much of the time.
If you have any ideas, suggestions or complaints (about the grounds of the Rec) please feel free to contact me.
Mark Hutchison. Grounds Officer, Chieveley Recreation Centre, Tel: 07973 553239
Coronavirus Measures, The Village Hall and Rec
• 12th April – The Village Hall will re-open within the agreed Covid restrictions and capacities. Indoor children’s activities can restart.
• 17th May - Controlled indoor events can take place with up to 50% capacity – please refer to the government guidelines for specific permitted events
• 21st June – possible lifting of further restrictions – follow government guidelines. It may be that all are then removed. Or they may change their minds again.
The CRC has a Covid-19 procedure and risk assessment in place for authorised users, in compliance with government requirements.
The rules continue to be clarified by government.
A great venue for
- private parties
- meetings (see meeting room hire)
- wedding receptions
- All areas of the hall are fully accessible
- Kitchen (refurbished 2012) - ovens, hobs, serving hatch, drainers, crockery
- Tables and chairs available
- Car parking for up to 40 vehicles
- Club room with bar
The Recreation Ground
The Recreation Ground in Chieveley is run by the Village Hall Committee. It provides:
- One football pitches
- Artifical cricket wicket
- Children's play area with climbing frames, swings, slides
- Multi-User Games Area
- Skate Park
- Tennis courts (run by Chieveley Tennis Club)
- Bins for use by dog-walkers
- Tree-lined walk around ground
The hall provides a home for many village activities, as well as being available for rent by others. Regular users include:
- Newbury Bridge Club
- Chieveley Cricket Club
- Short-mat bowls
- Womens' Institute
- Parish council
- Whist club
- Gardening club
- Cold Ash Football Club
The hall and grounds are run and managed by a committee which is made up of representatives of user groups and elected people. All are volunteers and give their time freely.