Chieveley’s first ever community Christmas tree is now in pride of place at the village hall for all to enjoy. The tree is lit from 4-10pm every night to bring some festive cheer to the village.
The installation of the tree, a Volunteer Chieveley initiative, was made possible by the support and generosity of the people below. Volunteer Chieveley offer their thanks and appreciation to all.
- The anonymous village donor who very generously supplied the tree
- The steel tube supporting the tree was manufactured and donated by Able Steelworks of Headley
- Chieveley Parish Council and West Berks Council provided grant money to purchase the lights
- The installation team of eight local volunteers who dug the hole, welded the base to the steel tube and installed the tree and lights
- Chieveley Village Hall for hosting the tree and general support
Volunteer Chieveley suggest that if you know anybody in the village who would like to see the tree but is unable to visit unassisted, then perhaps you could offer to help, in a Covid-safe way.