Chieveley resident and nurse Annie Pride is running a fantastic initiative to “Feed the Frontliners”. The aim is to provide food and drink to tired and busy frontline workers in hospitals as a means of raising morale and saying thank you. Annie is making deliveries to hospitals every weekend so please do what you can to help. Full details from Annie below.
"Feed the Frontliners"
This weekend we are aiming to provide meals/snacks/drinks for staff within three units at the John Radcliffe Hospital, who are working flat out with Covid patients - the Adult Intensive Care Unit, the Neuro Intensive Care Unit and the Cardiothoracic Intensive Care unit. Please, please help me boost morale and say a big thank you to them, by helping me collect and deliver enough meals/snacks to make a difference to them.
If you could help with any of the following it would be truly appreciated:
- Any individual meal portions/snacks individually wrapped, and ideally in microwaveable containers
- Meat/vegetarian/gluten free
- Healthy snack as well as sweet treats
- Everything nut free please
- Fresh fruit
Please drop off what you can at either of these two locations:
- Thatched House in the High Street, Chieveley (opposite Quackers nursery) on Saturday 3-6pm. Please leave on the table in the drive.
- At The Merry Kitchen stall at Chieveley village hall market 9.30am-12 Saturday morning
If you need to drop outside of these times please call me in advance on 07885 832688 or message me on Facebook.
The response from you all last weekend was incredible, and so please let's try to do it again! Please spread the word as a little thanks goes a long, long way, especially in the NHS.
Thank you all so so much.