Here's 20 things to do with the kids this summer holiday. All within easy reach of Chieveley.
1. Spend the afternoon at Northcroft in the 75m heated outdoor pool. Take the camping chairs and chill out on the grass whilst the kids make a splash.
2. Discover your monkey side as you Go Ape in Bracknell on the high wire course.
3. Let them climb up someone else's walls at the Reading Climbing Centre. Suitable for all children aged 5+.
4. Ride on Thomas the Tank Engine and friends at Didcot Railway Centre.
5. Climb the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth and look out to sea. Then dare the kids to walk on the glass bottomed viewing platform.
6. Feed the animals and zoom around on a go kart at Bucklebury Farm Park.
7. If it's wet (and let's face it, it probably will be!) then there is always ten pin bowling at MFA Bowl in Thatcham.
8. Charge around Laser Gaming near Oxford, great fun for kids and adults alike.
9. Take the bikes to Bracknell and explore the many miles of tracks in Swinley Forest.
10. Feed the ducks and enjoy the adventure playground at Thatcham Nature Discovery Centre. Oh and don't forget the ice creams.
11. Travel to the Amazon to see poisonous frogs, monkeys and giant butterflies at the Living Rainforest in Hampstead Norreys.
12. Let the kids learn to sail at Theale in the Berkshire Sail Training summer school at junction 12 of the M4.
13. Take a picnic and a ball up onto Beacon Hill and then roll down back to the car.
14. Kayaking school over at Adventure Dolphin in Pangbourne and Newbury.
15. Enjoy a day out with all the family at Paulton's Park, aimed at younger children. Not for teenagers.
16. Pack the teenagers off to Thorpe Park for the day. They can take the train from Newbury and get a free shuttle bus to the park every 20 mins from Staines.
17. Go hunting for wolf spiders at Lardon Chase. But be prepared - best to take a rug and the picninc basket in case you don't find any. Good spot for French cricket.
18. Spend a day at Wellington Country Park. Playgrounds, crazy golf, miniature railway, sand pits, animal farm and battery powered carts. Special events for children throughout the school holidays.
19. Another rainy day saviour - the Basingstoke Aquadrome has flumes and all manner of water activities for all ages.
20. See the pirates, Vikings and Pharaohs at Legoland Windsor.